Tips for Designing a Kid’s Room
1. Talk with the child for getting his/her opinion about what their room should look like.
2. Children use the room for a variety of purposes. So it would be ideal if the room is designed to be multi-functional with play area, reading space, entertainment space, etc.
3. Keep safety a priority. If for example, the child’s room is next to stairs, make sure the stairs have railings. Keep the furniture clear of the doorway and install a night light in the room.
4. Ensure enough storage space for toys, clothing and other stuff that kids treasure. Though clutter may be a matter of opinion, try assigning a place for everything.
5. Bring in a surprise element! For example, kids love secret spaces! Try to fit one in if the room layout allows you.
Labels: Home Design Ideas, Kids’ Room Decor